Wednesday 11 April 2012

12th April

Well I think we can see ourselves as being a little unfortunate there, today was the day for Madam Macie but she simply found one too good on the day. She traded very low in running so I hope someone made some money out of her, I didn't get a chance to watch the race live so I didn't trade any of my bet but the EW terms meant I at least walked away with a little under a points profit which is much better than losing when you pick on out like that! Anyway I'm sure to get a few go in for me over the next few months but today I'll just have ti take on the chin c'est la vie...

Obviously Aintree starts tomorrow but that doesn't interest me as a betting medium, I'll be watching of course but I imagine by betting activity will be very limited at the bar maybe a couple of placepots and a selection or two in the national. I know Andrew (The Value Bettor) is doing another special akin to the one he did for Cheltmas and I wish him luck for that. I won't be about much in the mornings to place bets or read the paper etc so I have decided to give the whole meeting a swerve.

Nothing of real interest for me at Folkstone either due to small fields which scuppers each way betting, of the races I've looked at I think Gilded Age will run well tomorrow if adopting the new tactics that we see last time out, nothing else likes to lead in this race so I see him as the most likely to lead the way and if that happens he will take some pegging back, 9/2 with PP currently may be worht a nibble. The next race looks trappy and initially I was attracted to Sherman McCoy but I'd be amazed if he didn't find at least a couple of these too good as the race is full of potential improvers and could prove to be a pretty hot handicap for the grade over the coming months. The apprentice handicap is a truly very poor contest and I don't fancy anything at all but if pushed I'd say Hubood for Clive Britain going up in trip which looks to suit on breeding.

Good luck with your bets today.

No comments:

Post a Comment